Updated on January 27, 2022
Our Top Five Most Romantic Places in the Parksville/Qualicum Beach Region
Our community is full of beautiful, romantic spots. As Valentines approaches, we thought we would share some of the more romantic places in our region to make new memories.
1. Rathtrevor Beach Provincial Park. Located near the south entrance to the City of Parksville, Rathtrevor is a place to walk hand in hand and enjoy the tall trees and evening sunsets. It can be busy, but the beach is expansive, and you can always find a quiet place to sit and enjoy the incredible scenery. If you’re lucky you may even see a family of seals or even orcas!
2. Notch Hill. Located on Powder Point Rd in Nanoose Bay this hike is worth every bit of the energy it takes to get to the top. Although it is a fairly steep walk up Notch Hill, it is a short distance and there are so many scenic places to take a break. Halfway up you will venture into Garry Oak meadows, the perfect rest stop. At the top, take in the views and perhaps even pack up some treats and a blanket for your own romantic picnic. Or be a kid again and try out the recently added a swing at the top!
3. Spider Lake Provincial Park. Power boats are not allowed on Spider Lake, making it a quiet place to relax and enjoy each other’s company. If you are lucky enough to have a canoe or kayak you can explore many of the secluded bays and find a beach hideaway just to yourselves.
4. Englishman River Falls. There’s something about waterfalls that make them instantly romantic. Perhaps it’s the mesmerizing, wild, cascading water or the fresh smell and mist in the air. Englishman River Falls can be viewed from the bridge crossing the river. Feel alive and breathe in the refreshing air mixed with fir and cedar scents with your Valentine.
5. The Grotto Spa at Tigh-Na-Mara. If pampering is more your style the Tigh-Na-Mara Resort and Spa has it all! And it really is the most romantic place as that is where I got engaged!
One of our favourite things to do at the spa is to enjoy the mineral pool and then partake in the endless tapas experience. Dine comfortably in your robe and sandals as they present a collection of seventeen tapas plates, featuring both local and international influences.
Whatever you decide to do, enjoy your day and all that our beautiful region offers with your loved ones.
If you are looking to purchase a home in the Parksville/Qualicum region give us a call at 250-951-9115 or email email@example.com. We are here to help!